Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Summer Has Arrived

It has taken about ten days for me to adjust to the idea that summer break is here. Now I can go to play in public in a little better rested condition. What a luxury!  This last Sunday was a long day of music, but I had the pleasure of playing with a wonderful jazz band for a dinner/dance fundraiser. It was great to fill in for John Bennett and to play with Wayne Travillion and Dave Duthie again, along with Dave Evans on reeds, Brent Martens on guitar, and Sam Foulger on drums. Great band, great music.

I just received the video of our MelloMac Spring Concert.  This was our Gershwin Show, and it features Kit Taylor on piano, Dave Duthie on bass, and Ron Leach on drums.  Find it on youtube at https://youtu.be/bYZM0SSgxlc and enjoy!  You will easily see that George Gershwin is one of my favorites.

See you at the Portland City Grill on Fridays at 5 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment